I just created a Facebook page like I did in the past, however, this time around when I tried to set the username for this Facebook page, I got an error “This Page isn’t eligible to have a username.” I tried using different username but each time I got the same error. I finally managed to fix Facebook not allowing me to set the Username and you can also follow these simple steps to have a username of your choice for your brand new Facebook page.
How to Fix Facebook not Allowing Username Error
1. Click on the Settings option in the top right corner of your Facebook Page
2. Select Page Roles from the options on the left side
3. Enter the name of a contact you can add as an Admin to this page in the text area under Assign a New Page Role
4. Next choose Admin from the list next to the name and click Add
5. Login as this new user to Facebook or ask the user to login to the Facebook account and set the desired username for your facebook page
It’s strange that Facebook hasn’t fixed this bug yet as it has been around for a long time.
For more tips and tricks on how to use Facebook or Digital Marketing, subscribe to my Newsletter.