Snap is a free Moodle theme that is developed by the by the Product Development team at Moodlerooms. Because of it’s responsive and clean design, it is quite popular among many of my clients. This article will show you how to install Snap theme on your moodle site and handle any error during installation.
If you follow the popular method of installing the theme via Install Plugin option in your Moodle Site Administration, you may encounter errors related missing plugin files or PHP code.
What happened in above cases was that during the installation process, base, Canvas, and Clean theme files were deleted.
The steps below show you how to install Snap theme on your Moodle site without any error.
- First of all download the Snap Theme zip file from Github.
- Upload the downloaded zip file to your server in the moodledirectory/theme folder via FTP or cPanel File Manager.
- Extract the zip file content in the same folder.
- Rename the folder “moodle-theme_snap-master” to “snap“.
- Login as administrator in your Moodle site.
- Under “Site Administration“, select “Notifications“.
- Now you will be directed to the “Plugin check” page.
- Click on the “Upgrade Moodle database now” button to finish theme installation.
- You will be redirected to “Snap Theme Setting” page. Update and save theme settings.
- To set Snap as your Moodle site theme, select “Theme selector” from “Site Administration->Apperance->Themes“.
- Click “Change Theme” button next to “Default” theme and select Snap theme from the list of themes installed on your Moodle site.
If you are stuck when you install Snap Theme
- Download the moodle setup file corresponding to the moodle version you have installed.
- Upload and overwrite the base, canvas, and clean folder from the theme folder to your server in the moodledirectory/theme folder via FTP or cPanel File Manager.
- Start with Step number 2 above.